Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Its Been Awhile....

More and more of my time catching up with what everyone is up to, I find being done on FB, thus eliminating my need and/or desire to blog. This is different.....I found something I am passionate about...Spring Cleaning. But more then that...getting rid of the clutter!! Those of you that have been to my house know that it is small and not only do I have a small house, I don't have a garage, thus all the outside stuff is stored inside (or in the shed, but thats another story). Most of you also know that we are a family of seven...yes, seven!! A small house with seven people and without a garage for storage, makes for a crowded house, no matter how you look at it :-) So here is my newest project...I am going to get rid of 50 things....lets say by the end of the month. I won't throw the "stuff" away, because that is just against my system of trying to help others, but I will freecycle it and/or I will take it to DI.....I WILL GET 50 THINGS OUT OF MY HOUSE....and by the end of April. This is my inspiration: A book called Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life. According to the author you should follow these four rules when clearing out the clutter:
  1. Rule No. 1: If the item, memory, job or even person is weighing you down, get rid of it.
  2. Rule No. 2: If the thing is not contributing something positive, let it go.
  3. Rule No. 3: If it takes you a long time to decide whether something needs to be tossed, throw it out.
  4. Rule No. 4: If you're afraid to throw out something, get rid of the fear.
So I am up for the challenge...anybody with me???

1 comment:

Tutu Qute said...

I'm glad to see you blogging, I'm a blogger and I love it. Better than FB. LOL I actually did something like that at the begining of the year so I could convert our crib to a toddler bed and not have little one distroying things. Good luck! And keep the post up!!